Join the American Institute of Architects and elevate your career path. Individuals with an architectural license from a U.S. licensing authority are eligible for Architect membership.
As an AIA member you will receive the below membership benefits:
- Events, activities, support, and networking opportunities through your state and local AIA component—a way to develop leadership skills and create greater visibility for the profession in your own community. Visit your local chapter Web site to learn more about their additional benefits and resources.
- Government advocacy through a legislative agenda that calls on Congress and the Administration to pursue policies that will stimulate work for architects.
- AIA credential with your name, signifying to everyone you meet that you adhere to a professional code of ethics and share a common goal to build better places for people to live, work, and play. AIA members also have the ability to use the AIA logo to illustrate their membership affiliation. (Some restrictions apply on logo usage.)
- AIA CES Discovery provides on-demand access to your continuing education transcripts and allows you to search thousands of education courses and hundreds of approved education providers.
- AIA Knowledge Communities, 25 unique groups that enable you to customize your membership and network with like-minded colleagues who share your specific interests.
- AIA KnowledgeNet, the member-driven social networking site that gives you access to thousands of AIA members and their collective; it is a space to share best practices and case studies, conduct discussion threads, and meet other design professionals.
- Subscriptions to AIArchitect, the AIA bi-weekly electronic newsletter covering news, tips and trends; and ARCHITECT, the official print magazine of the AIA; as well as the option to download digital editions of residential architect, EcoHome, and ECO-STRUCTURE.
- Architect Finder, an online directory where you can create a detailed profile for your firm and potential clients can connect with you directly.
- AIA Career Center, the premier electronic recruitment resource where you can post opportunities at a discount or find opportunities for free.
- Market Research delivered in the monthly Architecture Billings Index, which forecasts nine to 12 months regionally and nationally, and the Compensation Report, a salary survey of 39 positions.
- AIA Contract Documents, the most widely accepted standard form documents in the industry, prepared by the AIA in collaboration with owners, contractors, attorneys, architects, and engineers, to help you conduct construction-based business efficiently and effectively; available to members at a discount.
- AIA Advantage discounts on products and services such as shipping, credit cards, technology, and more.
- AIA Trust protection for yourself, your firm, and your family, including professional liability insurance, term life insurance, and coverage for business owners.