- This event has passed.
Public Interest Design Institute: Professional Development Workshop
September 29 - September 30
Design professionals will learn skills and methods to actively engage in “Public Interest Design” through fee-based practice. Instructors and special guest speakers will present in-depth case studies of the participatory processes and the outcomes of their award-winning Public Interest Design projects. Successful completion of this AIA, ASLA, & USGBC accredited program qualifies participants for 13.5 HSW CEUs/PDHs and certification as a SEED Professional.
The Public Interest Design Institutes curriculum is structured around the SEED (Social Economic Environmental Design) mission and principles.
Learning objectives include:
· Understanding public interest design and how it is re-shaping professional practice
· Learning participatory design methods
· Leveraging partners and assets to address project challenges
· Learning alternative approaches to fees and contracts
· Maximizing a project’s positive impact on a community
· Moving beyond LEED to measure positive social, economic, & environmental impact