2019 AIA Annual Members Meeting
November 6 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Join us for the AIA New Orleans Annual Membership Meeting and 2020 Board of Directors Elections. The meeting will take place on Thursday, November 6th, 2019 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at the Center for Architecture and Design at 1000 Saint Charles Avenue.
The meeting will include a review of AIA New Orleans 2019 activities, upcoming events and highlights, and 2020 Executive Committee elections. We hope you are able to attend this year’s meeting, contribute your input, and vote!
RSVP is requested below, as we will be providing refreshments for attendees.
Executive Board Positions not up for election for 2020
|President||Terri Dreyer, Assoc. AIA NANO LLC|
|Past President||Jessica Walker, AIA Walker Run Studio|
|Treasurer (2-year Term)||Peter Spera, AIA GOATstudio|
Executive Board Appointed Positions
|Tulane AIAS||Appointment||Carson Piontek, AIAS|
|Tulane School of Architecture Representative||Appointment||Byron Mouton, AIA|
Executive Board Positions up for Election for 2020
Leadership is an essential factor in making any organization successful. It plays an important part in achieving our goals. Without the efforts of our Board of Directors, we would not be where we are now.
|President-Elect (must have served 1 year)||Julie Babin, AIA – studioWTA|
|Vice President||Andrew Liles, AIA – A M Liles Architect|
|Myles Martin, AIA – M3 Design Group|
|Secretary||Curtis Laub, AIA – Gould Evans|
|AIA Louisiana Delegate||David Lachin Jr., AIA – LACHIN Architects|
|Dominic Willard, Jr., AIA – Manning Architects|
|Young Architects Forum (YAF) Director||Javier Marcano, AIA – EskewDumezRipple+|
|Associate Member Director||Efrén López, Assoc. AIA – Grace Hebert Curtis Architects|
2019 Bylaws Revisions
The 2019 AIA Board of Directors have proposed minor revisions to the AIA New Orleans Bylaws. Below is a summary of these changes and a copy of the revised section.
- The Secretary position has been extended to a two year position, staggered with the two-year Treasurer position.
- One year of Board leadership has been clarified for President-elect candidates. (It was in section 6.11, but has been moved to 6.3 Officers Section)
- One year of Board leadership, or knowledge of AIA Louisiana advocacy issues, has been required of the Chapter Delegate to the State Organization
- The title “Associate Director”, who represents Associate AIA members, has been renamed to “Associate Member Director” for clarity.
- The title “Young Architects Forum Representative”, who represents architects licensed ten years or less, has been renamed to “Young Architects Forum Director” and moved to the Officers section of the bylaws. This position had previously been given full rights as an officer of the board.
- The AIAS Representative and Tulane School of Architecture Representatives have been renamed as “liaisons”, and moved to a new section, Article 6.4 which is in line with their roles as members ex officio without vote.
- The requirement for the TSA Liaison to be a licensed architect and professional member of AIA New Orleans has been removed, in order to give Tulane the flexibility to designate the best person for the role, who may or may not be a licensed architect.
- The Officer Pro Tem section has been moved from Section 6.3 to 6.2.
- The subsequent sections of Article 6 have been renumbered to Articles 6.5, 6.6, and 6.7.